IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PASSENGERS TRAVELING TO KENYA
VISA FOR CHILDREN UNDER 16
With effect from 1st February 2016 all children of 16 years and under accompanying their parents to Kenya are exempted from payment of visa fees. The children’s application forms will be submitted and their passports endorsed on arrival at the airport.
For any further clarification you may contact the Embassy´s Consular Section at the following address:
Tel: 917 812 000
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO E-VISA APPLICANTS: EXISTENCE OF FRAUDULENT E-VISA APPLICATION WEBSITES
The Kenya Embassy in Madrid wishes to ALERT all e-visa applicants of the existence of a scam website http://www.kenya-evisa-online.com. This counterfeit website is designed in such a way that it is being mistaken for our official Government e-Visa website.
The scam website which purports to issue the travel document on behalf of the Government charges e-visa applicants between US $ 120 – US $ 130 as opposed to the US $ 51 charged by the Government of Kenya.
The scam site has the following similarities to the official eVisa portal:
- The use of the official eVisa logo on their link at the top (Banner)
- The Kenyan Flag is displayed prominently at the top.
- There is a link to the official government website at the top (VISIT GOV WEBSITE)
- They have not displayed their WEB PAGE or COMPANY NAME anywhere on the web page.
- The disclaimer that it is not an official government website is in small print at the bottom of the page where applicants are unlikely to read.
This is therefore to encourage all e-Visa applicants to use the official Government website www.ecitizen.go.ke for their visa applications.
NOTE: The Government of Kenya will NOT be responsible for any loss of funds or extra expenditure incurred as a result of using the unofficial site.
All clients are warned not to submit any application through this scam website. The Government of Kenya will not be responsible for any loss of revenue and unnecessary extra expenditure incurred through that website.
The official eVisa application website is www.evisa.go.ke which should be used in submitting all online eVisa applications.
For further information contact the Embassy of Kenya in Madrid
Tel: 917 812 000
NOTICE ON VISAS
The Kenya Embassy wishes to inform all visa applicants of the introduction of online visa application (e-visa). This online visa application process is currently running concurrently with the manual visa application process.
Below are the steps to follow when submitting online visa application (e-visa) for Kenya:
POINTS TO NOTE
- Visa processing fee is non refundable.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The possession of an e-Visa is not a final Authority to enter The Republic of Kenya.
- Engaging in any form of business or employment without a requisite permit or pass is an offence.
- A visa is required prior entry into The Republic of Kenya.
- The e-Visa printout must be presented at the port of entry.
Please note the Embassy will continue processing the following visas only manually:
- Referred visas;
- Multiple journey visas;
- Courtesy/ diplomatic visas;
- East Africa Tourist visas.
Single Entry Visa
Allows tourists or visitors to enter Kenya once. It is issued at any Kenya Embassy or High Commission. The visa can also be issued at the points of entry into Kenya to those who have no access to a Kenyan Embassy or High Commission. Please note that a single entry visa is valid for three months(90)days before you travel from the date of issue.
Allows a short stop-over in Kenya for those who are passing through Kenya.
Multiple Entry Visa
This visa is issued to those who wish to travel to Kenya frequently for business purposes. It is valid for 12 months maximum.
For more information click on the following link:
Issued to those who wish to attend conferences, workshops, seminars or discussions.
- Those who wish to conduct temporary business in Kenya lasting up to three months require authorization from The Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi (P.O. Box 30191, Nairobi Kenya) in form of Special Pass.
- Visa applicants who intend to undertake an internship/ placement and volunteer work in Kenya are further required to liaise with their host organizations/ companies in Kenya to apply for the appropriate authorization to the Director of Immigration Services (P.O. Box 30191, Nairobi. Telephone +254-222022) prior to their engagement in the respective attachments.
Diplomatic Official Visa
For Diplomatic visa applicants the following is required:
- A valid Diplomatic/Official/ Service passport with a minimum validity of six (6) months.
- Note Verbal (Diplomatic Note) confirming that the holder is travelling on official duty.
- One passport size photograph
- Duly filled visa application form
- No payment required
For comprehensive information on visa application and visa categories based on nationalities, please visit http://www.immigration.go.ke/
Visa fees in euros for manual applications
- €40 For Single Entry Visa
- €100 For Multiple Entry Visa
- €20 For Transit Visa
- €75 For East Africa Tourist visa
- €10 For Referral Visa
- Payment for manual applications only should be made to the bank account of the Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Spain.
- Multiple Entry Visas attract an initial €10 fee on application.
- All visa applicants are advised to submit only the exact amount of the official fee for the service required.
Bank: La Caixa
Account holder: Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Spain
Account No. : ES53 2100 9055 1807 0000 5786
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR EAST AFRICAN VISA APPLICANTS:
Kindly note that effective immediately payment for East African Visa applications only, should be made to this new Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Spain Bank Account
Non-refundable fee of €75.00.
Bank: La Caixa
Account holder: Embassy of the Republic of Kenya
Account no: ES63 2100 9055 10 0701002770
Visa Requirements for manual applications
- A complete visa application form. Click here to download
- Valid passport, with at least six (6) months validity and two (2) blank pages.
- A recent passport sized photograph on a clear background.
- A copy of flight reservation to and from Kenya. Please note that trip itinerary will not be accepted.
- Pre-paid self addressed return courier envelope. This applies only to applicants who wish to send their applications by courier.
- Minors (under 18) travelling on their own require written consent from either parent.