Following a negotiated performance contract with our parent Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Kenya Embassy in Spain has put in place appropriate human resource development, administrative and service delivery structures and the requisite to thatempower the staff to serve better our clientele in Spain. Wehave mainstreamed Rapid Results Initiative as a tool for effective planning,implementation and measurement of achieved progress of targets achievable every one hundred days. In this way, the Embassy willnot only achieve its strategic objective of satisfying its customers but alsocontribute towards the realization of the Vision 2030.
To articulate Kenya’s Foreign Policy in the Kingdom of Spain for accelerated socio-economic development in Kenya.
Enhanced bilateral relations between Kenya and the Kingdom of Spain forincreased and expanded socio-economic and technological engagementbetween the people of the two friendly nations
To project, promote and protect Kenya’s interests in Spain.
Our Core Functions
- Represent Kenya in the Kingdom of Spain
- Facilitate Foreign Direct Investments to Kenya
- Facilitate cooperation in Language, Art and Culture
- Promote and protect Kenya’s interests in Spain
- Facilitate development and technical assistance to Kenya
- Promote Kenya as the preferred destination for tourism, investment and trade
- Provide meticulous protocol services
- Promote the interests of the Kenyan Diaspora.
- Provide timely and responsive Consular Services.
- Kenya Central Government Ministries and devolved public sectorservice institutions
- Kenyan business men and women
- Kenyan Diaspora in Spain
- Government and the people of the Kingdom of Spain
- Missions and International Organizations accredited to theKingdom of Spain
- Service providers to the Embassy
Our Core Values
We are guided by the following core values in the discharge of our duties.
- Patriotism: Members of Staff uphold our national values
- Team Spirit: Members of Staff work together toachieve the Embassy’s goals.
- Loyalty-Members of Staff remain truthful to the Government andaspirations of the Kenyan People
- Innovation-Members of Staff remain committed to innovativeservice delivery
- Professionalism: The Embassy remains conscientious and efficientin meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achievingresults.
- Discipline: Members of Staff observe rules and regulations governing operations of the Embassy.
- Integrity: There will be no abuse of power or authority byMembers of Staff
- Equity: Fairness will always be exercised in the Embassy
This Embassy provides the following services
- Information on trade and investment opportunities in Kenya
- Consular services
- Promotion and co-ordination of Diaspora relations
- Facilitation of theMediation and arbitration of disputes involving Kenyans andSpanish citizens
- Facilitation of Kenyans to participate in events thatpromote trade, investment, tourism and culture
- Participation in bilateral and multilateral negotiations
- Conduct of National Day celebrations
- Participation in activities organized by other diplomatic missions
In order to meet your expectations, we will:
- Introduce our selves and conspicuously identify ourselves when speaking with you
- Treat you with respect and courtesy;
- Be clear and helpful in rendering our services and maintain confidentiality where required;
- Act with care and diligence as we prepare a response;
- Be honest and portray integrity in accordance with the KenyanPublic Service Code of Conduct;
- Give reasons for our decisions and refer enquiries beyond our jurisdiction to an appropriate source;
- Present our information clearly using plain English or Spanish and using means relevant to your needs;
- Be sensitive to the diversity of the Kenyan and Internationalcommunity;
- Respect and observe gender matters and;
- Ensure that our website is well designed, user friendly, interactive and frequently updated.
We will endeavor to:
- Deal with your enquiries and complaints quickly and effectively;
- Answer your phone calls promptly, and ensure that unattendedphones in operational service areas are re-directed or providedwith an answering service;
- Reply to your emails immediately and within five (5) working days for letters and faxes. On none routine issues we will, whileacknowledging receipt of your letter, give you estimated time you will receive full response and the cost if any.
- Make prompt payment for your goods and services upon submission of accurate invoices and any other supporting documents in line withprocurement procedures and regulations.
Except during National Holidays in Spain and Kenya, we will be available:
- Summer (One hour behind Kenya) time:-09.00am to 4.00
- Winter (Two hours behind Kenya) Time: – 00am to 01.00 pm and 2.00pm- 5 p.m.
- Visa application and collection: 9.30am to 1.00pm and2.00pm to 3.00pm.
We undertake to:
- Meet your expectations within acceptablestandards
- Continuously upgrade this Service Delivery Charter on the basis ofthe feedback we receive from you.
We are committed to:
- Ensure that the accuracy and quality of our services remain worldclassthrough incorporation of relevant advances in Informationand Communication Technology into our ongoing operations;
- Further, ensure continuous improvement on the procedures of ourservice delivery and reporting results;
- Make access to our services easier and more convenient,particularly for people with special needs and;
- Develop a more streamlined system of handling your enquiriesand feedback on our services.
- You will enable us serve you better by:
- Providing accurate, timely information and documentation.
- Upholding professionalism and integrity in your interactions with us
- Treating our members of staff courteously and with respect
- Giving objective views and comments as a vital ingredient in helping us to monitor and improve the quality of service we give.
- Observing and respecting our procedures, rules and regulations which are designed to ensure you receive quality service.
We will occasionally seek your input torandom surveys on how you perceive our services and the improvements required if any..
This Charter will be reviewed every two years or as need arises in line with new developments andrequirements in the profession
N.B: Some services provided by these offices may be subject to user charges.
Contact our consular servicessection desk for assistance.
For redress of grievances/complaints, please contact:
Commission of Administrative Justice
West End Towers, 2nd Floor, Waiyaki Way, Westlands
P.O Box 20414-00200 Nairobi.
Telephone Number: +2540202270000
Toll Free Number: 0800221349
SMS Short- Code Number: 15700
|Email: info @ kenyaembassyspain.es
Tel: +34-917812000 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting+34-917812000end_of_the_skype_highlighting