It is a requirement that all Kenyan citizens residing in Spain to register with the Kenya Embassy, Madrid. This is a simple procedure that enables the Mission to provide essential services in an efficient manner, especially in emergency cases. Please download the registration form using the link provided below:
Fill and send them to the address below.
Embajada de La República de Kenya
Calle Segre 13
Tel: 917 812 000 • 917 812 000
Fax: 915 760 854
The Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act which implements Chapter 3 of the New Constitution commenced on 30th August 2011, thus repealing the Kenya Citizenship Act Cap. 170, the Immigration Act Cap. 172 and the Aliens Restriction Act Cap. 173 of the Laws of Kenya.
Consequently, Kenyans in the Diaspora who are seeking to acquire or replace their Passports as well as regain their citizenship for those who had renounced their citizenship need to take note of the following:
- A person born of a Kenyan parent irrespective of the place of birth automatically becomes a citizen of Kenya by birth;
- The Constitution confers automatic recognition to persons holding citizenship of other countries as citizens of Kenya by birth so long as they are able to prove parentage as afore-stated (i.e. provide Kenyan National Identity Cards; Passports etc);
- Kenyan citizens by birth who wish to hold citizenship of other countries which do not allow dual citizenship may voluntarily renounce and would be entitled upon application to regain their citizenship of Kenya.
- Kenyans citizens by birth who ceased to be citizens of Kenya by voluntarily acquiring the citizenship of other countries and renouncing the citizenship of Kenya in accordance with the repealed (old) Constitution may regain citizenship upon application in the prescribed manner. Applicants wishing to do so should fully complete the Application to Regain Kenya Citizenship; attach certified copies of evidence of citizenship (such as as certified copies of both passports; Kenyan ID etc); two (2) current passport photos; a self-addressed registered post/platinum post envelope (in which to return the documents once the Immigration Department has finalized its process) and send them to the Embassy in a secure manner by courier.
- The persons who enjoyed dual citizenship but who by virtue of the repealed Constitution renounced or lost their Kenyan Citizenship upon attainment of the age of 23 years should automatically be deemed citizens by birth.
- The Kenyan Citizenship and Immigration Act requires every dual citizen to disclose the other citizenship within three months of becoming a dual citizen in the prescribed form. It is an offence to fail to disclose the dual citizenship status in the prescribed manner under Section 8(4) of the Act. Such declarations may be made through the Declaration made by a Dual Citizen (fully completed and in duplicate). The Form should be accompanied by certified copies of evidence of dual citizenship (such as either passports or certificates of Citizenship) and forwarded in a secure manner to Embassy or to the Department of Immigration Services;
- Kenya citizens who hold Dual Citizenship are exempted from visa requirements irrespective of the passports held (Kenyan or otherwise)
- Kenyans holding dual citizenship should ensure that their passports remain valid at all times.
For additional information on Kenyan citizenship please read the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act 2011.
DECLARATION OF VOLUNTARY RENUNCIATION OF KENYA CITIZENSHIP
(Under Section. 19 of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act, 2011)
- Two passport size photographs
- Original and copy of applicant’s Kenyan passport
- Original and copy of applicant’s Kenyan ID
- Copy of Kenyan Birth Certificate
- Copy of applicant’s Foreign Passport
- Copy of Naturalization Certificate
- Copy of Spanish identification card
- Duly filled application form FORM-6 Attested by Commissioner of Oaths/Notary Public
- Fee of 230€
Payment for application should be made to the bank account of the Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Spain:
Bank: La Caixa
Account holder: Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Spain
Account No. : ES53 2100 9055 1807 0000 5786
- Any other relevant document/information that may be required.